Friday, July 25, 2008

Myrtle Beach ~ Day 2

Sunday morning, we got up and hit the beach. How did the boys like it, you ask? Well, I can tell you it was the EXACT opposite of what I thought. Owen hates to get his hands dirty (as you may know he has a touch of a sensory disorder), so I thought FOR SURE it would not go over well with him. Sean usually rolls with the punches and takes what ever his handed to him, so I thought the beach would be the same. Here are a couple first impression pictures.

Owen


no, it is not a sun burned face/arms, it is his eczema acting up as soon as I put lotion on him.
Sean

funny how kids will ALWAYS make liars out of you

And of course Jess and Delaney are old pros by now.

Delaney played in the sand and in the water.



Jess grabbed her boogie board and headed for the hills waves.
Don't worry, BOTH the boys started to enjoy the sand and we had a nice day on the beach.





Delaney even wrote her name in the sand...



...while the boys tried to cover it up.


BTW, Delaney was NOT very pleased with this act.


After a morning on the beach, we went up to our room, had a quick lunch. I put the boys down for a nap while Scott and the girls went back down to the pools.

For dinner we headed down to Broadway at the Beach and had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and I had the king crab legs I have been craving since we booked our trip 2 months ago! YUMM~O!!


After we ate, we walked around just a bit and Delaney and Jessica wanted to take a "jump on the wild side."


Jess will not be very happy with me telling you this, but Delaney handled this MUCH better than Jess.

While I was putting the boys to bed, Scott took the girls.....You guessed it...down to the pools (are you seeing a trend here?)

3 comments:

Debbie Moore said...

I just love it there, it is such a great place to take the kids, looks like you guys had a great day!

cat said...

Sounds like you are having a great vacaion.

Christy said...

your vacation sounds lovely! cant wait to hear more...