Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walk for Juvenile Diabetes

Just wanted to bring it back to the top!


JD, the son of a friend of mine was diagnosed with Type 1, Juvenile Diabetes, in January 2005. Since then his family has walked in the annual Walk to Cure Diabetes. I have walked 2 of the 3 times (I have a good excuse to miss the one, I was 7.5 months pregnant with Twins.)

Well, guess what? It's that time of year again when we gear up for the JDRF annual Walk to Cure Diabetes. The walk is Saturday, November 1.

Since his diagnosis in 2005, JD has made great strides in controlling his diabetes. He is insulin dependent and has been on pump therapy for 3 years and it hasn't slowed him down a bit. He has continued to participate in gymnastics, soccer and baseball. JD was even able to attend golf camp and spend a week with his grandparents this summer.

Along with his family, I am dedicated to helping find a cure for JD and the best way is through the annual walk. Last year our team, JD's All-Stars, increased and we were able to exceed our team goal! This year, we would like to at least match that amount of $3000!! You can join the effort by clicking here and sending a tax deductible donation via credit card. I also have the button on the right of my blog. I have set my personal goal at $200!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Wow Terri! How awesome that you are such an advocate for diabetes! On Jason's mom's side of the family many are diabetics and we are also involved in a yearly walk! Last one I attended was when I was pregnant for Annie and had to be pushed in a wheel chair (I was on a modified bedrest)! I hope you make your goal!

Jenn H said...

Another awful disease! You are such an awesome friend!!! Good for you, I'm proud of you!!!

debi9kids said...

What??? You didn't walk when you were 7.5 months pregnant??? Why the heck not!?! LOL

You are such an awesome friend! I will definitely donate some money for you!

Anonymous said...

Terri,
You are an awesome, loving and caring friend! We are so blessed to have a friend in you and thank you so much for all your support with JD and the walk!!

love ya...Kim