Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

July of '03 we had the opportunity to go visit Ground Zero. I was not really sure I was ready to see it all, but decided I needed to. I was in shock. I could not believe two buildings were once standing there. In a place where there is now a hole and twisted metal. How could it be? One thing stood out to me, and still does to this day. On one of the near by buildings, there was a poem. (I thought I had all of the pictures on disc since it was before I owned a digital), but I can't find it. Here is a picture of the picture. I am so sorry it can't be read, our scanner is long gone! Since I really wanted you to share it with you, I have also typed it below!

The Road
While travelling a long
It's never too late
Take the road that leads
to LOVE
Not the one to hate
Hate is what knocked these
buildings down
With Love, we'll remember
those no longer around
Take the right road
and you will see
how much sweeter
Life will be
The road may be uphill and
strewn with stones
so get rid of the weight
and lighten the load
At the summit there
is a beautiful view,
all of God's peace
open to you
God Bless NYC
+
America


By a Surviving Police Officer
Sending prayers to to friends and family of 9/11!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was in my 10th grade History class. I saw the second plane hit the World Trade Center. It wasn't until later that day that I realized how serious this attack was. Before the attack I was not familiar with the World Trade Centers. I have the families of these victims in my prayers today. God Bless America.

Frizzy said...

I was home alone and called my husband at work to chat about something insignificant. His secretary answered and was HYSTERICAL! I couldn't understand what she was saying? We're being attacked? What, Where, by who? How could that be? Then I sat down and turned on my TV as the second plane hit. TEARS of DISBELIEF FLOWED. Thank you for sharing this Beautiful poem by someone so close to the day.

Sharlene said...

I was woken up by my alarm and heard the dj on the radio station freaking out about a plane and a building. I jumped up, turned on the tv, and sat in shock as I saw the second plane hit the WTC. The drive to work that morning was incredibly eery. Everyone in their cars with looks of shock and fear on their faces. Nobody worked that day. We all sat huddled next to our radios waiting and hoping the worst was over. It wasn't. One more plane went down. And our world changed forever.

Cheryl Lage said...

Wow. Realizing who wrote it makes it all the more powerful. You are brave, don't know if I am ready to see that big hole quite yet.

Thank you for posting and remembering today.