Thursday, October 9, 2008

Donations for Juvenile Diabetes

First of all, I would like to thank those of you who have donated to this cause. Don't forget, there are only 5 more days to donate to have your name entered into the drawing for the New Jonas Brother's CD! I have 4 donations and 2 of them have told me to not enter their name, so the odds are good!!


See the green shoe on the right sidebar? Do you? I am walking On Nov 1. to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes.
READ ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR THE SPECIAL OFFER!
JD, the son of a friend of mine was diagnosed with Type 1, Juvenile Diabetes, in January 2005. Since then his family has walked in the annual Walk to Cure Diabetes. I have walked 2 of the 3 times (I have a good excuse to miss the one, I was 7.5 months pregnant... with Twins.)Well, guess what? It's that time of year again when we gear up for the JDRF annual Walk to Cure Diabetes. The walk is Saturday, November 1.Since his diagnosis in 2005, JD has made great strides in controlling his diabetes. He is insulin dependent and has been on pump therapy for 3 years and it hasn't slowed him down a bit. He has continued to participate in gymnastics, soccer and baseball. JD was even able to attend golf camp and spend a week with his grandparents this summer.Along with his family, I am dedicated to helping find a cure for JD and the best way is through the annual walk. Last year our team, JD's All-Stars, increased and we were able to exceed our team goal! This year, we would like to at least match that amount of $3000!! You can join the effort by clicking here and sending a tax deductible donation via credit card. I also have the button on the right of my blog. I have set my personal goal at $200.00


Here are a couple pictures of JD and Delaney





For every $5 you donate between now and Oct. 15, I will enter your name into a drawing for The Jonas Brothers CD "A Little Bit Longer". Why this CD? Nick Jonas was diagnosed with Type 1, Juvenile Diabetes about 3 years ago. The song "A Little Bit Longer" is a song he wrote about his fight with this disease (The lyrics are on the side bar of my blog in the heart).


I will enter the names in to a random generator to pick a winner.




1 comment:

Satria Sudeki said...

It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative article. I will tell this information again to my friend, oh yes I suggest you to check my blog on www.101healthsolution.blogspot.com , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you... and we can share each other. thank you... ;-)