Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Delaney


Today is the day. The day she goes in for "minor surgery" to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. But is it ever really 'minor' when it is our babies? Although I have had other children go through 'minor' surgery (not for tonsils) it does not make it any easier. Delaney has never had strep throat or any other throat infection, so why, do you ask is she having her tonsils removed? Delaney's tonsils are 4X the size they should be, causing her to have a mild case of sleep apnea.

Please pray that this is an uneventful surgery and that there is minimal pain after.



9 comments:

cat said...

Praying for her - what adorable pictures. Be strong Terri, God IS in control, also in the operating theater,

Alisha said...

You know I am praying for her! She is just too darn cute in these pictures!

Frizzy said...

Oh Terri, Putting our children's lives in others hands is such a hard thing to do. It about killed me to let go of Yaya's hand when she went in for surgery the day after we officially adopted her. She had a ganglion cyst on her great left toe. I was terrified that after we FINALLY Had her she might be taken away. GOD IS GOOD! KIDS ARE SO AMAZING in their ability to bounce right back. Keep the ice cream coming! What kid wouldn't love that diet?

Frizzy said...

I will be praying for her and for you as well for fast healing and PEACE of mind.

Sharlene said...

She is such a cutie. And I am glad things went well today!

Unknown said...

what adorable pics of her! Saw on FB that all went well. glad to hear it! Hope she rests easily tonight!

Jen said...

I know it's late & the surgery is already over, but I'm still praying! I saw that everything is OK on FB, so I'm praying for minimal pain & a speedy recovery!

debi9kids said...

Hoping you had an uneventful night with little Miss D.
Hope the pain meds help and praying for all those other "worries" as well.
Love you Terri!

ps I tried to send her an ecard but for the life of me, can't remember which company I paid for membership. LOL

Christy said...

She is simply adorable! I love that first pic of her! She is so cute and I love her outfit! The 2nd pic shows off her fiesty personality!